Wednesday, December 17, 2008

"How can a gang of White boys tell a nigga what's hot?"

That quote belongs to Scarface. This is an interview with Scarface that I stole from HERE.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Most people heard about the interview you did with DJ Vlad when you were saying “F*ck Rap”, so you obviously have some issues with the industry. If you were the overseer of the Hip-Hop/Rap game, how would you start to rebuild?

I’d start from the top. The first thing is everything would have to be screened. The fu*cking fruit snack Rap would be done.

What’s considered fruit snack Rap?

Anything that punishes Hip-Hop.

Well what do you think punishes Hip-Hop?

Anything that does not add to the art form and that takes away from what Hip-Hop is. Hip-Hop is a feeling man, it’s a way of life. Anything that radio plays is wack. All the great records don’t get played. I feel like radio and big record companies are trying to destroy Black music with the shit that they play… by the way that they exploit it. You got Black America thinking it’s cool for women to walk around with their breasts out. I think to cover up what’s really going on today in the world they flood the market with some bullshit. It’s like Watergate, the shit is a crime.

Is there one record label in particular that you believe engages in this the most?

I’d say all of them, that’s my one record label. The shit went from Eric B and Rakim to fuddy duddy and the tennis shoe clique [laughs]. Now videos are about drinking champagne, show as much jewellery and ride in all the fu*king cars.

Would you fire some record label executives?

No, I’d make them muthaf*ckas come see me like the United Nations before they do something. In 1989 or 1999 if you brought that bullshit in, you would’ve got laughed at.

What about certain artists? Jay-Z has been doing it for quite sometime, how do you feel about his position in the rap game right now?

Who Jay? He’s the best, what else could you say? He got here and all you can do is move forward. He’s a UFO baller! Jigga’s the unidentified flying object, he’s skyballin’, we’re playing basic ball.

How do you feel about an artist like Soulja Boy?

I think Soulja Boy had a brilliant idea, what he did with it was great. He took what he had and made money from it. If he’s that f*cking smart he’s going to be a billionaire. So I got a lot of respect for Soulja Boy. I don’t have respect for all the shit that gets like 50,000 spins a week for eight months, and then when their record comes out they sell like eight copies the first week. Their six months into their album and they only got 3000 records, but they sold 150,000 ringtones. How do you face your momma with that shit? I think it’s bullshit, it discredits the whole Hip-Hop movement when you resort to ringtone rapping. It’s not respecting the game, it’s disrespecting it. I think the internet, Black radio and big record companies are hurting Black music.

Would you ever want to be the head of a record label again?

Yeah, but I’d probably be fired like the third week. I’m not going to sign that two step shit. They’ll be thinking oh man this is f*cking hot for the radio… I’m like this shit is f*cking trash. How can a gang of white boys tell a n*gga what’s hot? Quote that, I said that, I said it!

How the f*ck can you tell me about Hip-Hop, man… I’m Hip-Hop! So I think the f*cking roles need to be reversed. N*ggas should be sitting behind the desk, them muthaf*ckas should be running around. Giving certain artists the spotlight, their moving inside our position, it’s bullshit!

How do you feel about white rappers?

I don’t mind if they rap, I just mind them playing slave master and slave driver. It’s white boys who own the big magazines that talk about rap. A white woman owns the biggest rap magazine in the South. Don’t get me wrong I love her, but does she know more about Hip-Hop than you? Here I go! [Laughs]

---------------------------------------------------------

Get em Face! Ya'll muhfuckas know that Ollie is a true Scarface enthusiast, and truer words have never been spoken when he gets on the subject of my man Jigga. I had to post this, and to stay on task (keep it light and funny) heres a photo of Scarface's runnin partners back in like '89:

Photobucket

That cat on the left, Willie D.. well i always thought he had an uncanny resemblance to IneedMoney from the How High flick with Meth and Red:

Photobucket

Do you see it??

Then you got Bushwick Bill who is well known in the streets for bein' wild. Little did you folks know that he is in the runnin' for iciest of the century!

Photobucket

This cat is pullin tail with half a body and one eye. GET EM!!

-Ollie

1 comment:

Royal said...

I can't be realllly mad at any of them.
Fuckery sells, and its a business model that has been proven to work time and time and time and time and time again.
Shit I might as well buy some gold fronts, make a youtube video, get a milli (no lil wayne) hits, get contacted by VH1 then make 50K and pay these student loans off.

Fuckery = Cash = Winning.