Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Seth Rogen: American Role Model

I have been up in the air recently as to whether or not I should come out publicly and declare my unbridled affection for all things Seth Rogen. This guy is a comedic genius. But not in the traditional sense. He's just a run of the mill, completely average dude that has taken his ability to crack jokes on his friends and turned it into a viable source of income. Shit, this guy is one of the biggest writers/actors in Hollywood right now.

Maybe I got ahead of myself. Maybe, some of you don't know him by name, just by characters he has played. This should sum it up... "The curly haired chubby guy from 'Knocked Up'"..

Got it? Good.

Anyway, I was thumbin around the nets this morning and came across the trailer for one of his new movies coming out in 2009.

"Observe and Report":



Tell me that trailer doesn't do at least 2 of the following 3 things:

1) It made you realize that Anna Fariss is whorishly hot and has a ridiculous chest plate.

2) You realized that Paul Blart: Mall Cop was unfairly pushed onto unsuspecting American's prematurely in an effort to claim originality and steal the thunder from Seth Rogen's masterpiece.

3) It made you wish that you had one tenth of the comedic timing and stage presence that Seth has.

This guy is great. I think that if I was in any way famous and had my choice of people/celebrities to hang out with, Seth Rogen, Paul Rudd, Jason Segal, and the rest of that crew of folks would be on top of the list, except for Jonah Hill...

Yeah the fat kid from Superbad. I feel like he's a real fuckin prick on some "I'm famous, you're not" bullshit. I want to give that kid a black eye.

And to take a step back here, I want to discuss Anna Fariss a little further. She realllllllllllllly fucking annoys me. I mean, like, BAD. She's loud, she blatantly overacts (yeah I know, it's all part of her schtick), her eyes are really wierd, she has made nothing but bad movies, but for some reason, this movie trailer made her seem very tolerable and downright sexy to me...

What the hell is going on with me? Am I really praising a skinny white blonde chick with no ass?? Somebody please run that photo to remind me of what really counts in this world...

Photobucket

Ahhhh yes. Now were back.

-Ollie

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was that Ray Liotta I saw in the trailer? Yet another reason to watch this movie! I have freakin' loved that guy ever since Goodfellas when I saw him beat the shit of the guy across the street for coming on to his old lady and then made her hide the gun.

oliver wrist said...

Ray Liotta is official.

Did you ever watch that show that David Spade was on where he worked for the fashion magazine? Anyways, Ray Liotta was a guest on there one time playing himself, and he was obsessed with Christmas. All things Christmas. He was like a lunatic child, all grown up.

Really funny stuff.

Anonymous said...

I've been down with Seth Rogen since "Undeclared" and "Freaks and Geeks". 2 incredibly underrated shows. I suggest you check them out.

oliver wrist said...

Oh Jonny my lad, I have been up on those shows since way back. FOX really knew what was good back then. Even that greasy little canadian kid with black hair from Tropic Thunder was great on Undeclared.

Anonymous said...

Jessica Biel is hot as hell.

Sweet geezuz.

Anonymous said...

oh yeah - and as for the part about not getting paid for your writing... you should. Monetize your site homie and get paid!!!

oliver wrist said...

snapcrackle, snigglefritz, welcome to the comment world. it gets hot in here sometimes, but please play as rough as you please.

More importantly, fukfase, LOST is worse than nicotine or crack. I am completely addicted and will no longer attempt to deny it.

oliver wrist said...

snapcrackle, snigglefritz, welcome to the comment world. it gets hot in here sometimes, but please play as rough as you please.

More importantly, fukfase, LOST is worse than nicotine or crack. I am completely addicted and will no longer attempt to deny it.