Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Wire: 5 Seasons "Rap"ped up

Anyone who knows me will attest to the fact that I am a HUGE fan of The Wire. I think Marlo is one of the most sinister, fucking gangster characters ever created. EVER. Fuck Scarface... You want to know about drug kingpins? Look no further than Marlo Stanfield...

Anyways, for anyone who has never seen The Wire, Skillz (formerly Mad Skillz, but he aint mad no mo' LOL) went ahead and did a "Rap" up of all the key points from all 5 seasons. Have a look at that right now...



If you aren't familiar with Skillz' body of work, the dude has consistently dropped an end of the year wrap up every year for at least the last 5. Wanna recollect what popped off in 2008?? Have a look back courtesy of Skillz, your favorite rapper's Ghostwriter...



One of my favorites from back when he blessed this old mixtape I had (back before mixtape's were the "in" thing) he said some funny ass line about fools steppin to him that went somethin like " I suggest you grab your dick, walk in a circle and dont fuck around"... I shouldn't have to explain the cleverness of that line.

Anyways, props to Skillz, and UBER GANGSTER PROPS to Ed Burns and David Simon for creating, quite possibly, the greatest television show of all time.

-Ollie the new kingpin

No comments: