Thursday, October 30, 2008

New Rule

If you are under the age of 20 and claim to be a fan of KRS-ONE, you are a liar.

Why? you might ask... its simple, KRS is a staple in hip hop, and new jack backpackers think they need to have KRS in the catalog to keep them relevant and "up on hip hop knowledge". eh-uh, I aint havin it. 90% of you people heard of KRS-ONE from Sublime. Dont bullshit.

I am not a fan of KRS, never have been, never will be, even if that means my hip hop pass gets revoked. But seriously kids, stop foolin yourselves, its just not possible to be a KRS fan if you were born in '88.

I cant front, I own Criminal Minded on vinyl, on vinyl , not on my ipod, but thats strictly for nostalgic reasons and has nothing to do with being a fan of the music. I think KRS is the perpetual underground starving MC that gets credit for longevity but really lacks the essentials (see: grimey beats). Granted, KRS is a very socially relevant pro hip hop movement inspirational rapper, but that means completely NOTHING to me.

One positive for KRS though, i've seen him perform live and he really throws it down, one of the livest shows ive been to, but i just cant get down with the music.

So KRS, you get the gas face... and oh yeah, how wide is this fools nose? seriously?

Photobucket

haha, and did anyone else ever notice that KRS's "dreads" have been the same length for the past 5 or so years? Im sayin...

-Oliver Wrister your girls favorite Mister

No comments: